People’s Corner: Kathy Hall
Executive Director, Choose Life of North Alabama
Tell us about yourself:
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. He has gifted me with a godly husband (Jeff) of 28 years and together we have raised two sons. Jared is our oldest and now lives in Atlanta with his beautiful bride, Jamie. Blake is our youngest and currently attends Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, TX. I am blessed to serve as the Executive Director at Choose Life of North Alabama, Inc.
What motivates you to do what you do?
It would be too hard to pick only one motivator for doing what I do at Choose Life so I will give you a list.
- God is there. He is at work every day and I get to be a part of it.
- Physical lives are saved through the work of our staff and volunteers.
- We get to share the gospel with every client and this brings great joy.
- I get to work with some of our city’s godliest women (and men). They are God’s instruments to inspire and encourage me in my personal walk with Christ.
- I have tasted His goodness and I crave more.
What is one verse that has been significant in your life and why?
“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11
This speaks to me at this moment in my life as I seek to have a heart that is not divided in any way but wholly His.
What is God speaking to you right now?
In short, it would be to simplify and prepare. I have a growing urgency to purge my life of the many things that distract me from Him. I want to be prepared at all times to share the gospel and offer life-giving hope to others.
What is one of your most memorable God moments in this city?
It could never be just one memory but a decade of seeing how God has used my Choose Life family, my church family, and my own precious family to grow my faith in Him and love for others.