100-Mile PRAYER Walk Challenge
This week’s bright spot is a 100-mile PRAYER walk challenge!
Here’s the community walk schedule:
- From Sept. 1 until Nov. 30, guided walks at 9 a.m. and noon every Tuesday and Thursday at Hays Nature Preserve. Sponsored by Green Team;
- Sept. 10, noon, Huntsville Hospital Plaza Resources Building. There will also be a farmer’s market from 7:30-11:30 a.m., and Yoga at 10 a.m. Sponsored by Huntsville Hospital;
- Sept. 25, 11:30 a.m., Indian Creek Greenway. Sponsored by City of Huntsville Engineering and Public Works departments and the Alabama Department of Transportation to celebrate the re-opening of Old Madison Pike;
- Sept. 30, noon, John Hunt Park. Sponsored by City of Huntsville Department of Natural Resources.
- Oct. 3, 8 a.m., Indian Creek Greenway. Four- to five-mile walk. Sponsored by Municipal Court, Wellstone Behavioral Health, Recovery Services and District 5 Huntsville City Councilman Will Culver;
- Oct. 6, 4 p.m., Richard Showers Recreation Center. Sponsored by City of Huntsville Parks & Recreation;
- Oct. 13, 5:30 p.m., Ditto Landing. Sponsored by Huntsville-Madison County Emergency Management Agency, HEMSI, Crisis Services, American Red Cross and Medical Reserve Corp.
- Oct. 25, Maple Hill Cemetery during Maple Hill Cemetery Stroll. Sponsored by Huntsville Pilgrimage Association.
- Oct. 31, Halloween Walk, Downtown Dog Park. Sponsored by Huntsville Animal Services.