Lifeline Children’s Services
Lifeline Children’s Services
Tell us about the history and mission of your ministry
Lifeline Children’s Services was founded in 1981 and is a full-service adoption and orphan care ministry, serving families and children in the United States and around the globe. We began as a domestic adoption ministry, caring for women walking through unplanned and often crisis pregnancies. By God’s grace, Lifeline has since grown in ways we never could have imagined. Our family of ministries consists of local programs including counseling and assistance for women in crisis pregnancy, domestic adoption services, education and counseling for adoptive parents, and our foster care initiative. Our outreach extends internationally through orphan care that reaches older orphans that will not be adopted through education, job training and assistance with physical needs, as well as international adoption programs for 17 countries.
How do you see Jesus at work here?
The reason our staff comes to work each day is for the Gospel of Christ to be made known in all nations.
We acknowledge that it’s not America, a nice home, a great education, three meals a day, adoption or even a family that is the hope for children. Christ is the hope in our mission. It is by Him, to Him, and through Him we are able to accomplish the work set before us. We are grateful for the opportunity to love and serve birthmothers who are often in despair, children who cry out for the love of a family, and men and women who long for a child. We are seeing this happen. In 2015 we have celebrated children who have been adopted trusting in Christ, birth mothers seeking refuge in the Father and communities in Uganda, China and Togo being transformed as they are responding to the call in James 1:27 that says, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
What are your needs?
Each month we have a specific ministry focus, and during the month of July we are focused on Lifeline’s international orphan care ministry, (un)adopted. Below are the ways we ask you to partner with us:
- Father, give endurance and sustainability to our partners who share Your love with orphaned and vulnerable children around the world.
Father to the fatherless, make Yourself known to the children who are reached through (un)adopted’s ministry. Although many may not have an earthly father, we long for the day that they would come to know you as their Heavenly Father.
Lord, we ask that You lead local international churches to partner with us in teaching life skills and sharing the hope of Your Gospel to vulnerable children worldwide.
- Share the following video on social media or in your church: https://vimeo.com/69319159
- Share about the R(un) for One that benefits international or Care through Lifeline.
http://runforone5k.org and our Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/840772702670609/permalink/843181599096386/
- Be a part of the conversation with us on twitter @LifelineChild and @unadoptedchild.
- We have specific needs related to our (un)adopted ministry. For more information about how you can partner with Lifeline financially contact Krisha.Yanko@lifelinechild.org or by calling 205.967.0811.
- If you would like to give a gift online, you can visit us here: http://lifelinechild.org/help-orphans/donate/
- Join us as a Sponsor for the R(un) for One: http://runforone5k.org/sponsors/
How could someone get involved?
For more information on how to serve with Lifeline in the Huntsville area, contact Emily.Boyett@lifelinechild.org